Thursday, January 3, 2008

On the Road Again 9" x 22" pastel

This was a part of a road series I was doing. I was riding in the back seat shooting photos out the windows of the car with my digital camera on a trip to Arizona. I worked from one of the photos and never felt quiet right about the color and overall value changes. The photo I was working from did not give enough info and I did not record any sketches or color notes. Lesson learned.... but it was a great trip and I love being a back seat driver, much to the delight of my husband and son.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Dori!

Your pastels are always masterful.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Thanks...I need to get back to doing them. Holidays are over and kids will be back to school soon. New years resolution is to do more painting and drawing. Sooo enjoy hearing from you. Hope your holidays were the best.