Monday, January 7, 2008

Roses in a Vase 6" x 6" oil

This is the second rose painting. I really like working small. Sometimes I will start a project and get lost in the middle of it. I find with the smaller ones it is easier to see where I am going and not get overwhelmed or unsure. There just isn't enough time to go through my nature process of doubt. It has made me realize what a crutch that kind of talk can be. The truth is, I just like to paint and get great pleasure from the process. Learning and the great "Ah Ha" that often comes in the process for me, is just fun.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Like Kamillia says about monoprints always work in series. I suppose painting would be the same. It is amazing what developes. I like this one the best of the three rose paintings.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

And you know Kamillia is usually right. I like working this way. I am not usually this focused, so that was interesting in itself. I have 3 more to post. I will probably bring them for critique.