Monday, March 24, 2008

Plein Air?? 18" x 14"

I have the question marks because I was outside painting, but.......... The painting is a montage of everything that we could see. That is to say there was a house, a hill, a path, a group of trees in the foreground, a group of trees in the background and a distant mountain. We just put them together to create a new scene. This made figuring the light and shadow and, and, and, even more difficult than it is to actually paint what I see, hum. So I had fun and quit thinking I could be home in bed making up scenes to paint in my head and I just painted. It was a good exercise...thank you Tom Brown.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should call it "New Scene".
This has a very pretty, romantic look to it.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I like the addition of the path in this one Dori. I wish I had tried that in mine. Your house looks good too, I think you worked it out well.