Sunday, February 8, 2009

Old Town Afternoon 6x8 oil SOLD






It was an opening in the rain we have been having and a chance to paint. Old Town Orange is a fun place to walk and eat and enjoy a different visual experience.
I was fortunate to have a painting buddy, Dana Cooper, along to walk the town with, take some photos and find a little piece of pavement to set up and paint. The light was amazing , but fleeting as the clouds would blow in and out. So amazing how light changes and you find yourself chasing it or stopping and taking what you caught. We had a few hours before the clouds moved in to stay and the rain came down.

7 comments:

peg said...

hello, I test my english....grrrr I dont speak very well !!! i think you are very talented and i prefere specially the scene outdoor. But your painting in restaurant send back the light... I hoppe that you understand that I tell you. tchao bye bye

Dana Cooper said...

Dori,I love your version of this scene! Beautiful!!

Nothing to See said...

This is really pretty. Nice work.

loriann signori said...

Beautiful little street scene Dori.

Connie Kleinjans said...

Nice. I totally can't do this. (Phooey.)

Leslie Saeta said...

Lovely painting. I am amazed that you were able to get this done in between cloud bursts! Very impressive.

artista said...

old town never looked that good to me.