Monday, June 15, 2009

The Hunt 6x6 oil

It is a process when I paint.  Taking out the paint and setting up is part of it.  I find the other part is settling the mind and deciding what I want to accomplish in the time i have.  
Today I woke with a headache and wanted to paint, but could not clear my head.  I looked through photos and looked outside.  Just wanted to paint without a total plan.  Found this little photo of a grand nephew from the Easter egg hunt at my house this year and like the shadows.  So I started the process pretty lacking in energy.  It is a sketch for the most part.  I want to study the figure in the landscape more.  So this is a bit rough, but a start in a direction of study.
TEXT

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the way this is going. What a trooper for forging on with a headache. I love how he's leaning to peek under a bush and the way his shadow seems to almost be helping.

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Sometimes, we do our best work when we lack energy. I think you have a great start to a wonderful painting. How adorable is he, can't wait to see it finished.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Nice job with this Dori...hope you are feeling better!

Edward Burton said...

Really nice, Dori - I love the light and shadow.

Karen said...

I think it's good to do it, or even to start, even when we're lacking in energy. I think sometimes the energy comes after we start. And then sometimes not, but we've still put the brush down, which is huge. (so I know I've got a lot that simply get painted over pretty quick!)
Did you find energy as you worked here?