Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cynthia Grilli's Portrait Workshop Day 1, 2 and 3 20x16 oil


So here is Day #1, Day #2 and Day #3 of Cynthia Grilli's portrait workshop.  She has an amazing amount of knowledge to share.  She really takes the time to teach you the building blocks of value, color, temperature and the reflective properties of opacity and glazing.  It was a great experience.
She is offering it again February 17, 24 and March 3.  I can't wait.
At the end of day 3 I was not finished and just starting to lay some paint on the high points of the painting.  I was conservative in my approach and very much in the learning mode.  I know with lots of practice I will be more confident.  I look forward to more paint and expressive brush work.  There is so much to think about.

3 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Thanks for showing the progression Dori...this is a really wonderful portrait, and I recognize the model, you really captured her!

Gwen Bell said...

Love this portrait! Wonderful style. I like the way you've only kept the really important areas yet it has wonderful detail. Gorgeous! So glad you are enjoying your Workshop.

Ramona Davidson said...

I like the glowing light that you have achieved in your portraits and still life paintings done in oil. Beautiful colors as well.