Friday, March 26, 2010

Sunflowers and Blue 16x12

Set up a still life today. I bought some flowers yesterday at Trader Joe's and realized I will be out painting Saturday and they might not look so hot on Sunday. So it was today or never. I got half way through painting with a brush and picked up my palette knife and went crazy. It was lots of fun and gave me a feeling of great power. Loved spreading the paint and laying it on the canvas. I spread and I scraped and I pushed and pulled. Very therapeutic and a wonderful way to start the weekend. Enjoy!
This painting is a whole lot more subdued than it appears here...hummmmmm
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is so energetic and full of life - your knifework is beautiful!

dominique eichi said...

Love it ! great color and energy.

Gary Keimig said...

I agree with the 2 previous posts. Lots of energy and great paint work. Looks like you have control over that knife.

Dana Cooper said...

This looks like you had a lot of fun...beautiful!

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

beautiful!

Anthony Duce said...

Wonderful painting. The texture and shadows are great.

Pam Holnback said...

Like the stems through the glass vase.

JRonson said...

I agree with the comments, it's so energetic !! the colors r perfect

susanroden said...

Love the slight off-centered placement and the thick, richness of the paint. Wonderful painting!

Jala Pfaff said...

Fabulous color and texture.

Connie Kleinjans said...

This surprised me! I looked at it and thought it was knife work. More! More!

Edward Burton said...

Very beautiful, Dori! Lots of energy.