Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"UP HILL"

16x8 oil on canvas board, $165.00 + $15.00 S/H

This is not easy.  I can barely hike up some of the hills in our local areas, so biking is hard to imagine doing.  This was a very narrow path and we had to stand in the bushes so the the cyclists could get by.  I was a little freaked as I have heard that there are snakes.  I still have not seen one.
Kept it a pretty basic palette.  I wanted to gray down the hills behind without washing them out.  The cyclist is the focus with the greens of the foreground shrubs framing him and the path.



7 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

I think you did a great job on graying the background greens.

Unknown said...

you can feel the cyclist struggle to get up the hill. nice job.

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome, Dori. Looks like quite the climb.

Becky Joy said...

I agree that you grayed the background down well. The painting turned out well. You can feel the chugging up hill, too much for me.

Kerri Settle said...

Great sense of depth!

Marian Fortunati said...

Really really nice... That is so crisp and delightful. Yes the depth is fabulous too!!

I also love the flower in the next post... WOW... you're amazing!!!

Rosemary said...

Wow, Dori! Everything works so well in this piece. The format, palette, clouds, background hills all seem to emphasize this biker's determined struggle to claim and conquer this path! We feel his pain! Great job!