Friday, July 9, 2010

"JUST ABOVE CIVILIZATION"

16x8 oil on canvas panel $185.00+$15.00 S/H

Not very far from where I like is a wonderful park called Peter's Canyon.  It is a hiking park and the last stretch in an ever growing housing area that connect the City of Orange to the City of Irvine.  The wonderful thing about being in the canyon is civilization seems to disappear.  Then as you reach a pinnacle point and have a clear view, there it is.  The world and all the people and things I walked away from for just a moment in time.  I am grateful for the hour or two I wander on my hikes in the canyon.  It is peaceful and refreshing.  I love the serenity.
This painting was lots of fun.  I loved the paint application and found myself using a palette knife and just feeling free as I do when I am there in the canyon.









7 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

A wonderful image. Great colors

Marian Fortunati said...

Great complementary color use... neat format... My favorite part is the way you've done the farground hills..

By the way... don't know why but the text on this post was difficult to read.

Karen Bruson said...

Love the long format.

Edward Burton said...

Great piece, Dori. I love the way you simplified the subject matter - beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Are your thoughts translated through to this painting Dori...thanks for sharing, very well done.

Stephen Parker said...

You did a wonderful job with the colors and brushstokes in this piece, Dori. Great composition for this format, too.

Johanna Spinks said...

I like the long format too. I can really feel that place...