Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weir Canyon

I have been exploring this week, painting the same scene several times.  It did not seem to come any easier with the progression.  Each one carried it's own set of problems.  From painting to painting shapes morphed and the emphasis changed.  I though I would post this one because it is the last one.  It is the largest one being a 12x12.  
This exercise reminds me of my childhood.  If I liked something I drew I would draw it over and over.  I remember being so proud that I wanted to sent them all off to my relatives in New York.  I would love to have that feeling back.
Weir Canyon is a beautiful hiking area not far from me near Anaheim Hills.  It is a favorite place for my husband and I to hike.

oil, 12x12

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted!!! Looks like a wonderful hiking area!!