Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lavendar Fields

Last summer I took a trip to Washington state and Oregon. This lavender field was somewhere near the Columbia River Gorge.
Color sketch done with Pro Sketch. Still studying all the different tool and uses. I am hoping to get a better understanding and uses of layers. I could never get this stuff on Photoshop. So glad that they have created these much more simplified apps. Pretty amazing and fun. Probably most important is it keeps me creating and seeking with a new level of excitement. I am looking forward to getting the information I am learning here to help me bridge some of the gaps that comes when painting directly. Really, it is a plan, a thumbnail and a map to envisioning a finished painting. It also seems to help me break from the photograph. Which has always been a bit of a battle with me. I am sure that is why I love painting from life. I love being in the scene, rather than stuck behind a flat picture plan. This process is leading me somewhere...and I feel it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting to see one of my favorite artists growing and reaching beyond her comfort zone!

Marian Fortunati said...

Pretty.. You know I downloaded ArtRage, and you are right... It DOES take some skills to get the hang of it... This one looks good too, but I think I'd better try to master one before getting another one!

Johanna Spinks said...

Fresh and energetic. Love it.