Thursday, February 27, 2014

Working Through the Chaos

This painting started with an organized plan.  I set up the still life and got started with my under painting.  I love the painting process.  I have been practicing this part a lot because of the demos I have coming up, but especially because I will be teaching what I do to a group of 17 at a workshop in 17 days.  So much to think about and keep it flowing.  
So this painting jumped on and off the path.  The under painting created a good map to follow, but I covered most of it with pastel.  It is what happens.  Under paintings lead me, but doesn't always take center stage.  It acts as a wonderful supporting cast.  So it is a process full of surprizes.  

2 comments:

MYSTELIOS said...

Very wonderful still life painting !!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

It is very NICE!