Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kaia 8x10 oil


This little girl is just delightful.  Full of love, life and excitement and all girl.  She has the most beautiful eyes and dreamy little face.  Oh and the cutest voice you ever heard.  Kaia is my grand niece.
I thought I would attempt a quick painting and a child for practice.  I totally enjoyed doing this and can see myself doing lots more being I have a large assortment of grand nieces and nephews.  Her eyes are actually deep blue with green highlights, but on my screen they look green.
The last few days I have been pouring over the work of John Singer Sargent.  I have a feeling all his work with children has been an influence.

4 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Fun piece Dori, and one I'm sure your family will treasure...now everyone will want one!

Carol Blackburn said...

Really nice, Dori. She looks very inquisitive.

Rosemary said...

She's precious! Love the way you handled the hair!

Gwen Bell said...

What a precious face! Those eyes are so full of wonder. Beautifully painted, Dori.