Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lalapalooza Muse


It was a few years ago when our family took a vacation in Chicago. We have three grown boys, four if I include my husband that love music and play various instruments. So we decided that the inclusion of a music festival would be quite the ticket for all. I am delighted to tag along wherever those four guy are headed.
I was tickled with the colorful crowds of people in this wonderful park in the middle of my favorite city, Chicago.
I have poured over these photos for sometime hoping that I would grow to paint them. So time has come and here is the first one.
18x18 oil on canvas

5 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Oooh, Dori, this is so fun and funny...can't wait to see more!

Maria Bennett Hock said...

I love this composition....the figures in front and implied crowd of others...also love the story. looking forward to seeing more also!

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

What a great snippet of life ....I love people watching at those kind of events, too! Love how you modeled all of the figures and the color used. It pulls me in to keep looking.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the story and the color splashes all over the painting. Such nice subtle color in the back against the main characters brighter red and blue. She had on a flesh colored top, right?

Karen Bruson said...

Beautifully painted!